Jenn + Jon’s Big Bear wedding was the definition of radness! We submit our support for that statement as follows:
1) Jenn + Jon’s wedding was like being on a see-saw of hilarity and sentimentality. It was like every second of the day was filled with laughter or happy tears. We suspect that their wedding was like that because [see #2]
2) Jenn + Jon are great people. They are funny, sweet, laid back, and fun. Hanging out with them on their wedding day felt a lot like hanging out with old friends.
3) Jenn + Jon’s wedding was a super intimate gathering of close friends and family (and us) in an awesome cabin in Big Bear. Don’t get us wrong, we love big weddings with huge parties. But, small weddings tend to really pull at our heart strings in a unique way.
4) We got to shoot a Big Bear wedding! Joe actually lived in Big Bear for a few years growing up, but he hadn’t been back for years and we have never been up there together. So, it was great to get an excuse to head up there the day before Jenn + Jon’s wedding so we could scout for locations to shoot and walk around The Village to see how the town has changed over the years.
5) Their dog wore a tuxedo for their wedding. As dog lovers ourselves, we felt that this merited its own line on the list of awesomeness.
6) Jon played the saxophone for Jenn at their reception! She had never heard him play before and he was really good! :)
7) Instead of wedding cake, they had pies from the Pie Hole in LA. They may have sent us home with an earl grey pie. The rest of that story is shamefully delicious, so we will stop there.
8) And last, but certainly not least, our final pieces of evidence: